Genomics and Innovation Conference
Genomics and Innovation in Pathology Conference
Date: 4th July 2012
Venue: Hilton Hotel Reading
Following the publications ‘Building on our inheritance’ and ‘Innovation, Health and Wealth ’ we ran a conference on Genomics and Innovation in Pathology. The idea behind this conference was to raise awareness of these reports and discuss their impact on the pathology services, now and in the future. The conference brought together leaders in the NHS, academia and industry to discuss the vision for UK pathology services.
Topics on the day included:
- How will genomics influence diagnostics of the future?
- Innovation and its impact on pathology to deliver QIPP
- Shape and structure of pathology services to come
- Microbiology of the future – sequencing bugs
- The future pathology workforce
- Big data
- Stratification of cancer – the impact on diagnostics and treatment
- Genomics – what it means for GPs